RYO Member Access Widget provides a sidebar widget that displays user login fields and, when logged
in, logout and user information links. In addition, you can add custom text to display when not
logged in, and when logged in personalized information may be displayed.
This isn’t the first login widget you’ve seen, by any means. But it’s clean and customizable. I really like the redirection options. And I like being able to changing the title line on login to display the user’s name.
The widget's user interface also lets you replace the WordPress logo on the standard login, password reset and registration pages with a generic 'Member Center' logo.
We've also found our users get confused when trying to reset their passwords because they don't quite 'get' that it's a two email process. Thestandard message on the Reset Password screen is a bit misleading. So we've added capability to change that text.
See all of our WordPress Plugins
- Download and unzip ryo_member_access_widget.zip. This will unzip to a folder called ryo_member_access_widget.
- Upload the ryo_member_access_widget folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- The user interface is in the Appearance, Widgets section of the Dashboard. Customize the display there.
With WordPress 2.8 or later you can use the plugin "Upload" utility to upload and install the plugin.
RYO Member Access Widget ver 1.0.1
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I customize the widget block on my website?
You may customize the title for the logged in state to display the user's name.
The widget has separate spaces for custom text (HTML) to display for logged out and logged in states.
In addition, for "logged in" the widget will insert personalized text for first name, lastname, user ID,
and user login.
- Initial release.
- Uses WP internal widgets available in WP 2.8+. Not compatible before WP 2.8.